Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hello Seattle!!

We made it! The movers loaded all our belongings onto a truck and sent it to storage. We loaded the kids and the cat and the dog into my station wagon and survived the 18 hour drive from L.A. to Seattle. And now we're here! Actually, we've been here for 3 weeks. I was hoping by now we'd be settled into our house, but sadly, we're still in a hotel... with 2 kids and a dog and a cat and all our stuff in storage. Ugh. We're making the most of it though. Armed with a GPS, I take the kids out every day to explore someplace new. Erik's been here since May, so on the weekends when he's off work we go on family excursions to the must-see Seattle spots he's been wanting to show us.

Aside from not having a home to live in, I love it here so far. It's green and clean and it's been nothing but blue skies and warm sunny days since we got here. People keep telling me, "You just wait for winter, then you'll see what Seattle is really like." I say, "Bring on the rain!" After 5 years of drought, I'm ready.

Before we even got here, I had in mind to start a new blog chronicling our adventures in Seattle. I did this for our L.A. adventures on my other blog, a patchwork world, but this time I want to keep it separate. I'll still maintain a patchwork world for all things crafty and kokoleo though, minus the rambling picture-laden posts of our family outings. As much as I'd like to explore the hip underground art/music/bar scene and upload fancy food pics from Seattle's finest restaurants, our forays will most likely be limited to kid-friendly attractions, parks, lakes, and hiking trails. So, if that kind of thing doesn't bore you, let's get out and about...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...